Purposes the Personal Data is Held
- It is necessary for customers to supply the Bank with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of banking facilities or provision of banking and other financial services;
- It is also the case that data is collected from customers in the ordinary course of the continuation of the banking and other financial relationship;
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used in the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
- The purposes for which data relating to employees and potential employees.
Security of Personal Data
- It is the policy of the Bank to ensure an appropriate level of protection for personal in order to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of that data, commensurate with the sensitivity of the data and the harm that would be caused by occurrence of any of the aforesaid events.
Accuracy of Personal Data
- The Bank would ensure accuracy of all personal data collected and processed by the Bank. The appropriate procedures are implemented to provide for all personal data to be regularly checked and updated to ensure that it is reasonably accurate having regard to the purposes for which that data is used.
- Find out from the Bank whether we hold the personal information about you;
- Access that information, if applicable;
- Request amendments to that information, if applicable;
- Request reason for the refusal of amendment of information.
Collection of Personal Data
- The Bank will observe the original purposes of making the personal data available in the public domain and the restrictions;
- Browser or "web" cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on the computer's hard drive. Cookies are generally used to improve the experience of a website. Customer can manually disable cookies at any time – check the browser's 'Help' to find out how to disable cookies.
Retention of Personal Data
- The Bank takes all practicable steps to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which such data is or is to be used;
- The Bank will not hold the personal data collected from unsuccessful job applicants for a longer period unless there is subsisting reason.